Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Blue Spring State Park, Day #2

Christmas Day here at Blue Spring was a lazy day for not only me, but Gary as well. Having seen the park on our first visit here in March, and once again yesterday, Gary decided to sleep in. Needless to say, I took the opportunity to sleep in too. You know what a sleepyhead I am. Following breakfast, Gary headed out to see the manatees again, and to take a few more pics. He strolled along the boardwalk from end to end, visited the gift shop, and watched a short film about the manatees at the amphitheatre. Luckily, he didn't come across any black bears as he walked the trail on the way back to the campground. We were warned about bear sightings on our way into the park. I don't know what I would do if I saw a bear. YIKES!!! The weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow, so I guess it's a good thing that we are heading home. I hope I'm back in my cozy garage before the storms arrive. Normally, I would be more bummed out about the end of our camping, but I know that I only have a week to wait until we head back out again. We have had a blast on this round of camping, and we REALLY enjoyed each of the three parks we camped at. Gary went ahead and hitched me up to the van so we can hit the road early in the morning. If I can keep him from stopping at every Wal-Mart we pass by, we should be home within a couple of hours. I'll write again soon. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment