Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, Day #1

Gary and I are here at Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park in Micanopy, FL. Micanopy is right in-between Gainesville and Ocala, so it's only a couple of hours away from our house. We were immediately smitten with the place, impressed with how pretty it looked as we headed in towards the campground. Our campsite is REALLY nice. I gave Gary a hard time for picking that campsite right next to the dumpster when we were at Myakka River a couple of weeks ago, but he fully redeemed himself here. This is one of the prettiest campsites we've ever had. There is plenty of privacy between the campsites, and it's so quiet, that I fell asleep this afternoon while Gary was out taking photos and checking out the rest of the park. It finally felt more like December in Florida today, with highs around 70. Tonight is supposed to be in the high 40's. Good sleeping weather, and I know all about sleeping. I haven't seen his photos yet. He actually had to wake me up to post this message. I'm SO lazy sometimes, but you already knew that. Anyway, I will post another message and more photos tomorrow. For now, I'll include some of the ones that Gary took before I fell asleep. I think it's time for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment