Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lake Louisa State Park, Day #2

The cute little cardinal in the first picture, came by both days we were at Lake Louisa. I think he was attracted to my red trim. He sat there for the longest time and just stared at me. Wierd! Gary made the rounds of the park, but this time he took the van. The hills in the park, and the long distances between each place he wanted to see, was just too far to pedal a bike. There were a lot of people in the park for an Orienteering meet. As we found out, Orienteering is a race involving hiking and navigation with a compass. Gary said it looks interesting. Personally, I'd rather just hang out at the campsite and do nothing. After all, that's what I do best. There is an actual white sand beach (imported, no doubt) at Lake Louisa. On the wall of the bath house at the "beach", was a sign explaining the chain of lakes in the Clermont area. There are a LOT of them! For $133 per night, there are twenty cabins on one of the lakes in the park that you can rent. The one pictured is typical of how they look. I sure hope that Gary never decides that I'm too much trouble, and starts renting cabins instead of taking me camping. I guess I'd better be on my best behavior. If you're a professional cyclist, an avid fisherman, or a seasoned hiker, then Lake Louisa State Park is your kind of place. For Gary and I, who prefer more things to see and a more wooded campground, Lake Louisa wasn't our bag. We never even saw a squirrel there! It was a different kind of park, but not one that we're likely to go back to. I'm usually sad to be leaving a campground, but in this case, I was ready to go. We're home now, and I've happily settled into my usual spot in the Green Acres Garage. More camping is just around the corner. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment