Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Return To General Coffee State Park, Day #3

In my last post, I promised to show you some more pics of the animals. Thanks to Gary's fascination for taking pictures, I had plenty to choose from. I've attached a few of my favorites. He took a bunch of pics of Poncho and Jenny today while feeding them four pounds of carrots. They were very cooperative as long as he had food for them, but went back to eating hay when there were no more carrots. During his stroll through Heritage Farm, he found that the animals seemed to be in a lazy mood. He said a lot of them were lying around and taking it easy. It made it easier to take photos when they weren't being so playful. My favorite pic of the day, besides the one of Poncho and Jenny, was of the duck hiding behind the tree. Every time Gary tried to take a pic of him, he ducked (no pun intended) the shot. Gary finally waited for him to "duck" back out, and he got the pic he wanted. I had no idea ducks knew how to play games with humans. Pretty cute. Gary took another 207 photos today. Obviously, he LOVES this place. We both do. It would be fine with me if we came here every week. We have been blessed with great weather, and I am enjoying my quiet time here at the campground. Gary has been gone from time to time, but never for long. It's been fun to spend an equal amount of time with my favorite camping buddy as I have taking naps and counting squirrels. As I write this, Gary is outside lounging in his camping chair. I think he's asleep, but I'm not sure. He's usually busy running all over the place, so it's good to see him relax. Heck, I think I'll take a little snooze myself. More from General Coffee soon. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment