Monday, April 1, 2013

Return To General Coffee State Park, Day #2

Today didn't start off very pretty, but it sure ended up that way. At 6:15 this morning, a few drops of rain woke Gary and I up. We thought we were in for it, but a few drops is all we got. It was cloudy all morning, but the afternoon was absolutely gorgeous. Nice cool breezes, and sunlight filtering through the trees. Now THIS is camping! Gary went antique shopping for awhile before we knew how nice the weather was going to be. He found a couple of cool items, and came back with a smile on his face. After a late lunch, he headed back down to the lake area next to Heritage Farm where all the animals are. He enjoys hanging out down there while enjoying the scenery. He forgot to take the carrots with him to feed Poncho and Jenny the donkeys. I guess they will forgive him. He will make up for that tomorrow, and will feed them twice. Spring is definitely upon us. The foliage is more green than it was when we were here in January. The leaves have fallen, and the flowers are blooming. The temperatures are cool but not cold, and the humidity is very low. I never complain about camping in any kind of weather, but this time of year is as good as it gets. I'll post some more pics of the animals tomorrow. Gary has taken a BUNCH of them. I wish I could visit with the animals up close like Gary does, but trailers aren't allowed in the farm area. It's a good thing that I have an owner that does so much for me. Nobody in my past has ever shared pictures with me before, or took the time to teach me some computer skills, or let me have a blog. I am one HAPPY CAMPER!!! I'll post again soon. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment