Friday, December 6, 2013

As Seen Along The La Chua Trail

As many times as we have been here to Paynes Prairie, there is one trail that Gary has never been on. It's called the La Chua trail, and to access it, you have to drive approximately 15 miles north of the main entrance to the park and campground. Paynes Prairie is a BIG place, 22,000 acres to be exact, and it's REALLY spread out. Trailers aren't allowed on the trail (it's for foot traffic only, and I obviously don't have feet), so I stayed behind and enjoyed the peaceful campground, while Gary went exploring. Between his love of antique shopping and other interests, I am left alone a lot. I'm good with that. Of the two of us, I am the true camper in the family. Gary always comes back with exciting stories, interesting purchases, or great pictures. After seeing the La Chua trail pictures, I don't think I would want to go on it, even if I could. There is a lot of wildlife, and some look pretty scary. The warning signs alone are enough to keep me away. I guess it's relatively safe, or they wouldn't let people on the trail at all. Common sense is a definite requirement. Gary posted 174 pictures from the trail on his Facebook page. I borrowed a handful of them to post here for my readers. There were LOTS of bird and alligator pictures, and even a few of some sweet little squirrels. I think you'll get the idea (like I did) of what the trail is like by the photos I've included here. The trail is three miles round trip. It ends at an observation deck that overlooks the prairie. Gary saw everything from innocent little butterflies, to horrendously large and intimidating alligators. There was even a snake. YIKES!!! I'm glad that Gary has a decent little camera that allows him to zoom in on these creatures from a distance. I'm pretty adventurous, but he does some things that I wouldn't even consider. He's a little "out there", but that's one of the things that makes him the coolest owner I've ever had. Well, enough of my babbling. Check out the pictures and you'll see that the La Chua trail is not for the faint of heart. That last picture pretty much says it all. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment