Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas At Little Talbot Island State Park

After completing our four night stay at Wekiwa Springs last week, Gary and I went home to regroup for a couple of days. It was a hectic time for Gary, and as usual, I just sat back and watched the flurry of activity. Gary moves pretty fast for an old guy. I'm amazed at how much he can accomplish in a short time. He got everything done that he needed to, and we hit the road for a new adventure. As of today, we began our stay at Little Talbot State Park. It's just outside of Jacksonville, FL., right on the coast. We got here early, but couldn't get into our campsite for several hours. "Dodge" and I hung out in the parking lot near the ocean, and Gary walked for several miles along the beach. It was a warm day, but the wind was blowing pretty good and kept things tolerable. Around 2PM, we finally got into our campsite. It was messy when we arrived. Whoever had been here before us left trash all over the place, and Gary had to clean it up before getting us settled in. He was NOT happy about that, and he was NOT happy that we couldn't get into our campsite any earlier than we did. Unlike all of the other state parks we have been to, the customer service here is pretty pathetic. Just from what we have experienced so far, I'm pretty sure that Gary will never want to come back here. As for our campsite, it's fairly good. We've had worse, and we've certainly had much better. There's no privacy between us and the adjoining campsite. On the other hand, the restroom is just steps away, so that's good. That doesn't make any difference to me, but Gary enjoys not having to walk far for potty breaks and showers. We will be here for four nights, just like we were at Sebastian Inlet and Wekiwa Springs. Our stay includes Christmas. Gary typically doesn't decorate for Christmas at all, but since our friends Karen and Meghan gave us that cool red sparkly Christmas tree, he decided to put up a few decorations to go with it. I don't have any lights on me, but there are 200 of them on a little fence on the side of the campsite, and all over the clothesline poles and clothesline. They look kind of pretty, if I do say so myself. I have some glittery red garland around my window frames on the outside, and green garland around my windows on the inside. Even my dog "Serra" got in the spirit, and has some garland around her neck, as do the two pink flamingos that sometimes hang out with us. I also have a little tiny Christmas tree on my countertop. None of this is anything fancy, but at least it's a little bit festive. It's definitely more "Christmassy" than any of our previous Holiday campsites have been. Gary took a LOT of pictures today as he usually does, and I'm sure he will take many more as he gets out and explores other areas of the park. I'll post some pics of the place next time. I hope that all of my friends and fans have a very Merry Christmas. Thank you all SO much for checking out my blog, and being so kind and supportive. I LOVE you guys! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment