Friday, December 27, 2013

Camping Neighbors, Shrimp Scampi, And A Special Guest

Well, Little Talbot Island might not have been the greatest place we ever camped at, but at least we had some great neighbors there. Right next door were Maggie and John from New Jersey. They came over to see me at one point during our stay, and were very complimentary like most of our guests are. They were kind enough to bring Gary some homemade snacks, supply reliable matches to light our campfire, and to keep Gary laughing with funny stories. Good people for sure. Their trailer is a little fiberglass Scamp named "Shrimp Scampi". Isn't that a hilarious name? It makes me laugh every time I think about it. We seldom have guests when we camp, but in addition to our neighbors stopping by, we also had a friend of Gary's named Susan that visited with us twice. She stopped by for a couple of hours on Christmas Eve, and for about an hour on Christmas Day. Susan is new to the world of camping, but she definitely liked the "feel" of camping life. She was really sweet, and I hope she comes by to see us again. Susan works for Gary's dentist and that's where they met. I thought it was really nice of her to wear a red scarf on her first visit. Did she know that red is my favorite color, or was it just a fluke? If she was trying to impress me, she did a fine job of it. I think that Susan and Gary are planning to hang out together from time to time in the new year. Maybe he can convince her to come camping with us sometime. Is it wrong of me to play matchmaker? They really seemed to get along well. I guess time will tell. We're heading into Georgia for our next stop on our winter camping tour. I'll give you a shout from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment