Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Squirrels "R" Us

Sure, Gary and I are a little "squirrely", but the squirrels I was referring to in the title of this post are the ones here at Wekiwa Springs State Park. There are LOTS of them here, and they are more aggressive and/or brave than they are at most places we've been to. We found that out not long after we arrived. Gary left a couple of doors open on the van while setting me up, and when he went back to get something, a squirrel jumped out. They come up to my screen door and look in, and hang out around the picnic table that is very close to my door. They seem to love when Gary cooks up breakfast in the skillet. They are all over it as soon as he walks away. One of them tore a little hole in the tablecloth on the picnic table, and since then, the table cloth has been totally shredded. They're not very polite squirrels, but they sure are cute, aren't they? At least they've been kind enough to "pose" for pictures. As usual, I've been left alone for hours at a time, and the squirrels have been EXTREMELY entertaining. I wish there was this many at ALL the parks we go to. But if we run into an abundance of them again, I hope they're a bit easier on the tablecloths, or poor Gary is going to go BROKE buying new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment