Saturday, November 1, 2014

Oh Yeah Baby, We're CAMPING!!!

Dodge had to work harder than usual in getting us here because of the super gusty winds today, but we have arrived safely at Falling Waters State Park in Chipley, FL. Chipley is in the Florida panhandle, 280 miles away from our home in St.Augustine. We have a nice little campsite, the sun is shining, and the temperature is 55 degrees as of half past 1PM on this BEAUTIFUL Saturday. Can you tell I'm excited? This is just an INCREDIBLE day for many reasons, and I am VERY grateful to be here. From what I've seen of this little park, it is REALLY nice. We are in site number 9 in the Pine Ridge campground. There's some space and a little foliage between each campsite, so we're not packed in here like sardines. That's always nice. Gary got little to no sleep last night, so he is taking a nap while I write this. Dodge looks like he's asleep too. I'm tired myself, but I'm so pumped up from the thrill of finally going camping again, that I really couldn't sleep if I tried. Yes, we camped a couple of weeks ago while Gary worked on his house in St.Petersburg, but I was alone all the time. It just doesn't seem like camping unless Gary and Dodge are hanging out with me. We ARE the three camping amigos, you know. I'm sure that Gary will do some exploring of the park tomorrow, and will come back with a camera full of pictures. But today I will let him get his rest, and I will sit here and take in the sights, sounds, and smells that you can only experience when you're camping. It doesn't get any better!

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice. Occasionally, Chief Itowa, would you mind mentioning if places/trails are dog-friendly? If you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I like the little thermometer.

    ReplyDelete