Monday, November 17, 2014

Relaxing At The Farm

While Pat and Dan and Gary were away from the farm exploring nearby towns, I got to hang out and watch all the animals. There was never a dull moment. They constantly kept me entertained to the point that I got a little behind posting on my blog, but that's okay. It isn't often that I get to hang out with real live animals (other than Gary, ha-ha), so I greatly enjoyed the opportunity. They have a dozen goats, many of which are currently pregnant. Mac, the white goat with the big horns is the father of a lot of the others. He is the son of Nanny, the gray goat, and was the first goat born on the farm since Pat and Dan have owned it. He is the only male goat, so he has a LOT of "fun" with all those girls. There are a bunch of chickens too, some that were just recently born. Then there are the constantly squawking guineas, the gray birds that are right behind me in the first picture. They kind of look like buzzards. They peck on my hubcaps and are pretty annoying, but they're funny to watch. There are two cats on the farm too, Samuel (not pictured), and Stinky, the little black and white kitten. Samuel is older and isn't quite as active as Stinky. Everything is a toy to Stinky, from a blowing leaf to Gary's "climbing post" legs. By the way, Stinky actually doesn't have a name yet, but that's what Gary insists on calling him. It just seems to fit his mischievous personality. My favorite animals on the farm are the two donkeys, and I'm going to devote my next post just to them. They are TOO cool. Pat and Dan have a nice house, a cute little cabin, and a barn on their 18 acres. I get my power from the pump house that my "campsite" is next to. It is a GREAT place to hang out. Gary and I always look forward to our visits. There you have it, a little look around the farm and the critters that call it their home. Coming up next....a little ditty about Jack and Diane. Don't turn that dial!

No comments:

Post a Comment