Sunday, October 6, 2013

And Then There Were Three

The day started off by looking pretty dismal, but then the sun came out and burned off the fog and haze. It ended up being a pretty day after all, but very warm. By mid-afternoon, it was 93 degrees in me. We are surely hoping for much cooler weather when we get to Letchworth State Park tomorrow. Gary didn't wander off like he often does, but sat outside in a camping chair and read excerpts of a Beatles book to me. The book is VERY good, and tells the story behind every Beatles song. I wasn't familiar with music in general before I met Gary, but now I absolutely LOVE it. The Beatles are my favorite band. After awhile, Tom and Jake arrived with their 13ft. Scotty in tow, and a little later, Gail and Maggie and Snippy the Serro Scotty arrived as well. Everyone visited, took pictures, and the humans went to McDonald's for a late lunch. Us trailers hung out and talked about our owners. We all agreed that we have some VERY special people that love us unconditionally. After Gail and Tom and Gary returned, they went back out in Tom's truck to see some of the park. There's a trailer in our camping loop called a Cozy Travler that is actually smaller than any of us Scottys. That's unusual. And a critter showed up today that I have never seen before....a groundhog! How cool is that? So, it was a great day here at Bald Eagle State Park, and the group of us here will caravan up to Letchworth in the morning. That's where the REAL fun will start, and I cannot wait! I'm sure I won't be able to sleep tonight from being so excited. I'll check in again as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment