Friday, October 4, 2013

We're In Virginia!

We pulled out of the Smithfield/Raleigh KOA around 9:30 this morning, and headed north on I-95 to our next destination in Virginia. There were stops along the way, of course, the first being at Gary's favorite store, a Wal-Mart Supercenter just off the interstate at Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina. He had a few things he needed to get, and it was time to take a little break from the road. I relaxed in the parking lot while Gary roamed through the store. Back underway, it wasn't too long until we reached the Virginia Welcome Center. As you can see, photos were taken, and Gary decided to go ahead and eat a sandwich so we wouldn't have to stop again for awhile. I know I complained previously about how rough that I-95 is in South Carolina. Well guess what? It's even WORSE in Virginia. There were times that I was nearly leaping off the road. Not fun at all. We eventually got to exit 118 off of the interstate, and made our way towards Lake Anna State Park. There was a stop for gas and ice before we headed into the park. It was right around 4PM by the time we had reached our destination. We rolled through the park, and picked campsite #24 to be ours for the night. It's spacious and REALLY nice, as is the rest of the park from what little we saw on the way in. The lady in the park office said that we wouldn't be able to pick up any TV stations, but that has not been a problem. The cellphone and mobile hotspot work fine too. Gary didn't have a chance to explore the place like he normally does when we arrive, and he won't get a chance to tomorrow either. We have to leave as early as possible in the morning to get to our next stop. But we did get to visit with a very nice young lady named Laura that stopped by. And Gary rode over to meet the owner of a 13ft. Scotty that we spotted as we were looking for a campsite. Karen is her name, and she lives here in Virginia. I included a couple of pictures of Karen's Scotty. It's a SWEET looking little trailer. It's highly unusual to see another Scotty when we're camping, so this was a very pleasant surprise. For once, I'm not the oldest and smallest trailer in the campground like I usually am. Gary and I really like it here, and we may try to stop here again on our way back to St. Augustine. Lake Anna is definitely a place we'd like to spend some more time at. We'll see if it happens. Well, I'd better get some sleep so I'll be ready for another long journey tomorrow. I'll talk with you soon from Pennsylvania. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment