Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Camping At Skidaway Island

We're here at Skidaway Island State Park in campsite #63. Like most of the campsites here, it's quite large. It features the drive-through area where I'm sitting, and a big area behind me with a raised section for tent camping, a picnic table, and a fire ring. I'm almost totally shaded, which helps to keep me cool. I've got a great view of our end of this large and very spread out campground. We are only a hundred feet or so from a brand new bathroom, and that's important to my buddy Gary. That's one of the reasons he picked out this particular campsite. Gary let me bring along my pet, "Serra" the Scotty, and together we've been watching for squirrels and deer. We've seen both, which is pretty cool. I'm glad Serra is here, because Gary hasn't been with me much. He's not one to just sit around and rest. As usual, he's been out hiking and taking pictures. I'll share a few of those pics with you in another post, but for now, I thought you'd like to see some pics of yours truly and our pretty campsite. It's been so long since we camped last, that I almost forgot how wonderful the smell of a campfire can be. Also, the friendliness of our fellow campers has reminded me how nice that people can be. Several have stopped by to see me. This is only the first official stop on our longest ever camping trip, and so far, so good. This is going to be one UNBELIEVABLE trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment