Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My License Plate Collection

Much to my surprise, Gary took the time to apply the letters to the bicycle license plates he got for me on our trip to New York. He's been busy with a lot of things, so I figured the license plates wouldn't get done for awhile. I figured wrong. These little license plates come pre-printed with common names, but if you have an unusual name like I do, you can buy a blank plate that comes with a lettering kit to make your own. Pretty cool, huh? The New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland plates are the ones that Gary bought for me on our recent trip. The other eleven states shown in the second picture, were picked up on previous trips. Gary and I have been to fifteen different states together. Not bad, but we have a lot of states still to visit. If all goes well, we'll get to them all eventually. My brother Scotty has his own collection of plates, but he only has nine. All of them were purchased when Gary went to Missouri to pick him up after buying Scotty on eBay. I've never been further west than Alabama, so Scotty has six plates that I don't have. But that's okay. Scotty hasn't been up north like I have. It's a friendly competition between us. Poor old Scotty is just a bare frame these days, so it's a given that I'll be getting even more plates before he does. That's the latest news from here. I'll post again when something exciting happens. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment