Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lake Griffin State Park, Day #1

Our short trip from Paynes Prairie to Lake Griffin went off without a hitch (no pun intended). We have camped here twice before, but this is our first time in this particular campsite. It's a nice one too. Gary did GOOD when he picked this one. For the first time on this round of camping, we got to try out the portable camping clothesline. After using it elsewhere earlier this month, Gary added the top crossbar that connects the two poles. That was the only tweaking necessary to stregthen it and make it PERFECT. After setting me up for our three night stay, Gary went antique and thrift store shopping. He was gone for at least three hours, but he came back empty handed. He must be getting more selective in his old age. There was a time he would have come back with a LOAD of stuff. It was a pretty day here at the campground. After a lot of rain over the previous two days, this was a welcome change. One of the rangers said that a bear has been spotted here in the park. Gary assigned me the job of watching for him. I don't know what I would do if I saw a REAL bear, and I definitely don't want to find out. I'll post again soon, unless of course I get eaten alive. YIKES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment