Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lake Griffin State Park, Day #2

Gary was up and gone early on Saturday, the start of our 2nd day here at Lake Griffin State Park. He had been wanting to go to one of the Renninger's Antique Extravaganzas in nearby Mt.Dora for years, and today was the day. As usual, I waited patiently for the return of my camping pal, and kept watch for the bear that was rumored to be roaming the park. I didn't think he would show up during the day, but Gary told me to look for him, and I was going to take my "job" very seriously. It was a sun-filled day that started off in the mid 40's, but quickly heated up to the high 60's. A PERFECT day for camping. I was sure that Gary would find something interesting at the antique show, but what would it be? I waited all day to find out. It was nearly 5PM before Gary came "home" with his small array of treasures. Remember that cool Scotty Beverages bottle that he found at the antique store recently? Well this time, he found another Scotty related bottle. It just says Scot on it. It's not nearly as awesome as the first one he found, but for two dollars, he HAD to have it. His second find was a bright red suitcase with silver trim that sort of matches me. His plan is to line it with foam padding, and it will serve as the carrying case for the toaster shaped salt and pepper sets that he's been collecting lately. The third treasure of the day was a toaster shaped cookie jar. It just happens to be the companion piece for the very first salt and pepper shaker set that he bought, and made by the same company. It's too big to display in me, but since Gary loves all things toaster related, it was five dollars well spent. The fourth item he found is my favorite, and one that I will cherish forever. Gary knows I get kind of lonesome sometimes when I'm by myself, so he bought me a pet of my very own. She's a little sheet metal Scotty dog. Isn't she sweet? I've got to come up with a cute name for her, but I've got plenty of time for that. I just think she's adorable, and it was thoughtful of Gary to buy her for me. With her to keep me company, I won't be missing Gary so much when he's gone all day. That's it for now. I'll check in sometime tomorrow (Sunday), and will let you know what we're up to. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment