Friday, February 8, 2013

Our Newest Obsession

While Gary is busy packing for our upcoming camping trip, I thought I would show you a picture of our newest obsession. Can you tell what these are? Do I have you guessing? Most of these are toaster shaped salt and pepper shakers, and a couple of the others are ornaments. As you know, Gary kind of likes (make that LOVES) toasters because I kind of look like one. All of this started when our friend Gail gave us the little red and silver ornament (the one without the toast sticking out of it) for Christmas. Then, Gary found a couple of the salt and pepper shakers at an antique store during our last camping trip. And now, when he isn't on eBay looking for sets we don't already have, I am looking on eBay for them myself. I'm kind of surprised that I'm interested in collecting anything. I usually leave that up to Gary. But, look how doggone cute they are! Kind of like me, if I do say so myself. An upcoming project for Gary after we get back from our next trip, is to build some sort of shelf or shadow box inside of me to display the collection. I've seen him eyeballing a couple of possible locations where they would look best. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. I'll be writing from the road if we have an internet connection where we are going to, so check back soon to see where we are. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment