Saturday, February 9, 2013

LIVE.... From Grayton Beach State Park, It's Toaster And Gary!

Hello Everyone. Gary and I are here at Grayton Beach State Park near Santa Rosa Beach and Destin, in the panhandle of Florida. It was almost 350 miles to get here, so it was a longer trip than most we make. We left home base in St. Augustine around 1AM. I was told that we would go for just an hour or two, then stop and get some sleep. But, Gary pushed on and drove much further than he said he would, and we ended up at a rest stop on I-10 at 5:30AM. I was SUPER tired, and a little upset that we didn't stop sooner. I gotta have my beauty sleep, you know! It was noisy at the rest stop with all the big trucks coming and going, but it didn't take long for both of us to fall asleep. Gary was obviously as tired as I was. We slept until 9AM, then continued on. We stopped only for gas during the rest of the trip. We arrived here at noon. Although I was still a little miffed at Gary from my lack of a good night's sleep, once I saw our AWESOME campsite, all was forgiven. It's large and secluded, and there's a little pathway that leads right down to the water behind us. Gary hasn't taken pictures of that yet, but when he does, I will post them. He says it's pretty cool. I'm still not totally settled in yet, but wanted to let you all know that we arrived safely. It's a sunny and beautiful 68 degree day here, and while Gary is out exploring and taking pictures, I'm going to catch some rays and a nap. I'll post again tonight. Have a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment