Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Driveway Camping




Gary rented out his St.Petersburg house in late June to an old friend. There is lots of work to be finished on the place yet, but it's livable. Gary now needs a place to sleep when he's over there working, and that's where I come in. So, I got to go along and do some driveway camping when we were there on July 8th and 9th. This was GREAT news for me. This meant that I wouldn't have to spend the entire summer locked up in the garage. Miracles DO happen. Gary had bought a brand new air conditioner for me last year, but never had a chance to use it. He had built a wooden frame for it that is screwed permanently to the air conditioner. The wooden frame fits easily inside my fire escape window. Believe me, when you're in Florida in July, air conditioning is a must, at least for humans. Gary had also built a portable shower stall to take along, and had bought a brand new porta-potty for emergencies. He had everything he would need. Other than some heavy rainstorms on our first day, all went well. We returned home on the 10th. Not sure when we're going back, but anytime is fine with me. As long as I can escape from the garage from time to time, I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment