Sunday, August 14, 2011

Turkey Run 2010




Marty and Michael arrived from North Carolina on Tuesday, November 23rd. This year, Michael made the trip, but Kyle (who had made the trip in 2009), couldn't. Gary and his buddies spent the day having some fun around St.Augustine. Meanwhile, I was getting more and more excited at the thought of 4 more nights of camping at Tomoka State Park. We left for Daytona the following morning. Gary always books the same campsite every year, so I knew exactly where we would be staying. After last year, I knew I'd be by myself except at night. That was fine with me. I don't mind being alone, especially when I'm camping. Somebody usually comes by to look at me, even though I have no clue who they are. This year, a nice young couple came by and REALLY liked how I looked. They came by again after the boys came home for the evening, and asked to see my renovated interior. They had lots of nice things to say, and said they were looking for a vintage camper of their own. They camp at Tomoka every Thanksgiving, so I think we'll be seeing them again. The four days and nights flew by as they always do, and we headed home on Sunday morning. Marty and Michael spent one more night in the house with Gary, and left on Monday morning. Gary told me we would be heading back for our second visit to Pat and Dan's farm in Georgia in a week. I had another exciting journey to look forward to, and I wouldn't have to wait long for it to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment