Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy New Year 2011




I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. It was quiet around here. Gary worked on all of his projects, and didn't spend much time with me. That's alright. I know he is VERY busy. He always says "Hi" to me when he comes out to the garage, so that makes me feel good. He began the year taking the skin off my brother "Scotty". Poor old guy has some serious rot issues, and Gary wanted to see how bad it really was. It's BAD! "Scotty" will need a total frame-up rebuild. I may have been abused, but at least I wasn't in THAT bad of shape. "Scotty" will be a future project, but now Gary knows exactly what he will be getting into when the time comes. By mid-January, Gary was talking about going back to Georgia to the farm. No complaints from me. We left on January 18th, and came back home on the 28th. Ten nights of camping....WOO-HOO!!! Dan and Gary put up lots of fencing on this trip, both wood and wire fence. Gary also repaired the rotted right front corner of the pump house shed one day while Pat and Dan attended a wedding. But the coolest thing that happened was the births of two baby goats, one on the 19th, and one on the 24th. Boy, are they ever cute when they're that tiny. Lots of fun was had and lots got accomplished. It's always good to combine a good time and productivity into a trip. We hated to leave, but I knew we would be back soon. Even Jack the donkey was sad to see us go. Bye-bye Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment