Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bring On The Strippers!




Ha-Ha, not THOSE kind of strippers! It was early in May and Gary came out to see me with some very unusual things in his hands. Paint stripper, steel wool, plastic putty knives, and more. I knew right away what he was going to do. He was going to remove all of my peeling paint and roof coatings. Fixing up my interior was a piece of cake compared to what this was going to be. I really didn't think he knew the magnitude of this project, but he was determined to make me as handsome on the outside as I was on the inside. He started work immediately, and after 24 hours (spread out over 5 days), my left side was totally stripped. Gary used a gel-type stripper that worked pretty well. I had been painted several times, so it took multiple applications of the stripper to get me down to bare metal. The plastic putty knives didn't scratch my skin, and neither did the extra fine steel wool. The final clean-up was done with acetone and spray carburetor cleaner. As far back as I could remember, I had paint on me. This bare aluminum look was something I was going to have to get used to. I felt a bit lighter, but this was a heck of a way to lose weight. At least it was painless!

No comments:

Post a Comment