Thursday, July 21, 2011

Moving Right Along



Now that my cabinets and beds were in place, there were LOADS of little things to do, and that's what Gary was spending most of his time on. My new kitchen base cabinet was wired with two plugs, one on the inside to power up my microwave, and one on the outside for whatever it was needed for. A second stretch of wiring was run through my dinette benches and up the wall by my entry door. Gary installed another plug there, and a switch. The switch was to turn on or off my new outside porch light. I had never had one of those before. It gets really dark and scary in some of these campgrounds, so I think that will help. The faucet was installed for my sink, and the plumbing attached from underneath. The storage bin doors over my former dinette area were painted and re-attached. My nice clean fire escape window was put back in, this time with ALL of it's screws and some stuff called butyl tape. I had never heard of that before, but it sure was STICKY. As long as it keeps water out of me, then that's all that matters, right? Black 1x2 roof "beams" were installed over where all the seams were on my ceiling. I thought that was a nice touch. They not only hide those ugly seams, but tie the ceiling in with my new black and white color scheme. Gary was running around so much, it was hard to keep up with him. He must have been in and out of my door a MILLION times. The last thing he did during this time period was remove the rest of my old linoleum flooring. It is still visible in one of these pictures, but believe me, it wasn't there for long. Things were progressing, but the clock was ticking too. I was still missing some of my MAJOR parts. Would I be done in time for my planned maiden voyage? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment