Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Hard Work Begins




The picture of my nasty roof doesn't show how bad it really was. There were several coats of mopped on roof coatings, plus my original paint and primer. Had the roof been smooth aluminum like the sides were, it wouldn't have been much of a problem to remove all that gunk. But the textured aluminum used on my roof and door created a BIG problem. I would best describe the texture as being like an english muffin. All those "nooks and crannies" made it very hard to strip. The photo showing the roof partially stripped represents about two solid days of work. Poor Gary. By this time, the summer heat was here again, and I was worried he would have heat stroke. At first, he reached as much of my roof as he could standing on a ladder. It was obvious to him that he needed to be ON my roof, but I'm not built that well to hold his weight. While he pondered ideas as to what to do, he came back down to ground level and began stripping the front panel under my window. I could almost hear the gears turning in Gary's head. I knew he would come up with a solution. Before calling it a day, he measured the width of my roof and started cutting pieces of wood. What was he up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment