Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thank You, Chip



Chip donated this really cool fire escape window to me. I had never seen anything like it. The window has two red levers on my interior side, and when you pull them upwards, the window swings open. It has a hinge on the left hand side, and the glass section slides right out of the outer part of the frame. Gary tells me he has plans to build a wood frame around an air conditioner, and that frame would quickly attach to the inside of the fire escape window frame. That way, I could have air conditioning when I need it, and it could be easily removed when I don't. I just LOVE this thing! The window frame is considerably larger than my old original one. See where the blue tape is on my outer skin? All of that area needed to be cut out so the new window would fit. All of this cutting was a little uncomfortable, but the small amount of pain was worth it. Gary was very gentle with me, and I had my new window in just a few minutes time. It's AWESOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment