Monday, July 25, 2011

Daytona, Here We Come



I thought the day would never get here. It had been SO long since I camped, and I just couldn't wait to get started. Off we went to Tomoka State Park, which lies just north of Daytona. We would be there for 4 days and nights. The trip took roughly an hour, me behind Gary's van, and Marty and Kyle right behind me in Marty's super cool '69 Chevelle. The boys spent their days at the Turkey Run Car Show at the Daytona International Speedway, while I enjoyed the sights, sounds, and smells of the campground. It was HEAVEN! That's Marty and Kyle in the second picture, hamming it up before heading to the car show for the first day. The boys would return to the campground in the evenings, and spend their nights in my new comfy beds. There were three minor problems that arose during the campout: 1) inadequate lighting, 2) my carpet was too hard to keep clean, 3) there was no place to put a garbage can. All of these issues would be addressed later, but none of them kept anybody from having a GREAT time. I knew I would be Gary's home away from home for many years to come. The 4 days went very quickly, and it was sad when it was time to leave Tomoka. Many more fun days were just ahead. Where were we going next?

No comments:

Post a Comment