Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Out With The Old



Gary had a game plan for my makeover, something about converting me to sleep four people in individual beds. I really wasn't listening because I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I wasn't sure how he could do what he had planned, especially with me being so small. One way or the other, my beat-up old interior had to go. Within a few hours, there was nothing left in me but my original dinette benches and table, and a little of my rear gaucho bed framing. I thought all this work would be painful, but it wasn't at all. It felt SO good to lose all that weight. For awhile there, I looked quite big with nothing inside of me. My hacked-up rear window and non-working air conditioner was removed. The broken windows and frames on my right side were removed, and so were all of my left side windows and vents for my fridge. All of the gaping holes on my left side were filled with fresh plywood, then pieces of paneling on the inside, and aluminum plates on the outside. Gary had them especially made for me at a local fabrication shop. I was measured and re-measured, with Gary trying to optimize the best use of my small interior space. My nearly empty interior was thoroughly cleaned again, and I waited a bit nervously as to what would happen to me next. This was the most excitement I had experienced in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment